Happy Sunday people! Let’s take a second to reflect on the sloppy things that happened this week in the MNE world…
- Weston Bookhouse released Fog and Farewell! A beautiful folk EP about traveling the US and dodging the corporate world. If it’s your first listen I’d suggest either the first or last track on the EP.
- Ryan Harper (the instagramless dark horse photographer of MNE) unloaded a roll on us and I have begun a campaign to get him back onto instagram so he can monetize his soul.
- Blowout received the test press for their upcoming LP and we all listened and ate pizza. It was chill. The album is so good that I caught myself thinking I hope they don’t big time us when Geffen signs them.
- GP5 zines were restocked in the store (only a couple left) and the album hit Spotify for all you streaming weenies out there.
- Our official motivational speaker, Kyle B Hart announced he will be doing a TED Talk in Corvallis Feb 11th. Get motivated. Tix here.
- Ménage a sabre agreed to be join the MNE lexicon with their new album called PIZZA next week. I am very fond of their music and think a lot of people out in the big nothing world will like them too. I like to think of them (and their original band Bear Puns) as one of the four corner stones of the MNE slop genre.
- If you’ve been sleeping on it, the Ali Muhareb EP “Existentially Wasted” is an incredible psych pop journey through the mind of Portland’s finest, and its out now!
…And if you’re still one of those people who’s like “I don’t get it. What exactly is MNE?” That’s ok. You’ll learn.
cartoon by Kyle B Hart
Posted at 5:51pm Permalink